1. Who made this track?
2. Look carefully at this track:
Here is another clue (the track is on the right-hand side of this photo, beside the 4-runner trail):
3. This past weekend, I found a mystery track and trail.
I was tracking in a wild space with lots of dogwood. It can get pretty marshy in this area.
I found a set of tracks with four toes (or claws?) registering in the snow. The tracks looked like this:
Here is my hand to give you a reference for size. It was a pretty big track!
The trail pattern moved from a walking gait to a bounding pattern:
Check the Mystery Track Answers for a photo caught on the Trail Cam.
4. Who made this track? How was is made?
6. Which animal left this track on the Highway 60 corridor in Algonquin Park?
Hint: Direction of travel is to the right.
7. Who made this track? What is this animal’s direction of travel (heading to the left or to the right)? The trail width is approximately 7 – 11 cm or 3 – 4 inches.